Community Action Plan
- Engage the sheriff’s office in joint participation with community members.
- Expand the Citizens Academy.
- Expand the Youth career camp.
- Start a Youth Camp for at risk kids.
- Start Neighborhood Community Policing Districts – Creates twenty community policing officers instead of two.
- Rural criminal patrol of Residences, Schools, Farms, Ranches and Business.
- Community Training and education that empowers citizens to protect themselves.
- Support after school programs, addiction and recovery, drug court, mental health court and juvenile probation programing.
- I will be accountable fiscally, ethically, morally, constitutionally and lawfully to the citizens.
- Start a Citizen Advisory Committee and meet monthly, opening up the planning and budget process.
- Quick and accurate public safety information, via the community policing districts to facilitate open communication with citizens.
- Expand the use of social media /regular media.
- Complete information sharing and cooperation with all area Law Enforcement and assisting community service agencies.
- I am committed to being a FULL TIME working Sheriff. I will be 100% committed to upholding the oath of Office of the Sheriff.
5. Safety and Security
- Expand the business watch program.
- Start citizen vacation watch.
- Start community watch with in community policing districts to include citizen watch coordinators.
- Facilitate an organized youth protection, education and training program within the community and schools.
- Expand patrol coverage to rural farms and ranches.
- Start the school Adopt a Deputy Program.
- Start Operation ID (property identification marking).